Liquor.com Legacy Cocktail Contest Program Requirements
Entry Instructions and Requirements
To enter the Contest, register at Legacy.Liquor.com and submit an original cocktail recipe that meets the requirements described below (your “Entry”). Entries must be received by 11:59 PM PT on October 31, 2018. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person.
Cocktail Recipe Requirements
BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THE ATTACHED TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
Preliminary Finalist Selection
A panel of judges will evaluate all Entries and select the twenty-four (24) entrants (twelve (12) from the West and twelve (12) from the East) it deems submitted the most promising recipes for a Legacy cocktail (the “Preliminary Finalists”) based on the following judging criteria:
Competitors should expect to hear whether they have progressed to the following round via email on or about November 15, 2018.
The judges’ decision is final, absolute and completely discretional, after which there is no appeal on the part of any competitor or third party.
Except where prohibited, each Preliminary Finalist will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release, and an authorization to conduct a background check within seven (7) days of notification. If a Preliminary Finalist fails to return these documents on time, he/she will not be able to compete in the National Finals.
Promotional Campaign Development
The Twenty-Four (24) Preliminary Finalists will progress to the next stage of the Competition for which they will have an approximately two (2) month period to demonstrate that their cocktail has the potential to establish itself in the industry. They will do this by creating a promotional campaign and plan (collectively, the “Promotional Plan”) for their drink, over the given period, by demonstrating that the cocktail has achieved visibility, awareness and trial amongst both the trade and consumers. Liquor.com will assign each competitor a promotional mentor to assist in the competitor with this Promotional Campaign Development phase. The competitors will present their respective Promotional Plan to a panel of experts at the National Finals, as explained below.
North America Finals: Event in Puerto Rico
The twenty-four (24) Preliminary Finalists will be provided with a trip to the U.S. National Final event in San Juan, Puerto Rico from February 3-7, 2019. Each Preliminary Finalist will be provided with roundtrip coach/economy airfare for one (1) person from an airport close to the Preliminary Finalist’s home to San Juan, Puerto Rico, hotel accommodations for four nights in accommodations determined solely by Liquor.com. The approximate retail value of this trip is $1,000. The actual value of the trip may vary depending on various factors, including the date of booking, the point of departure, and the dates of travel.
During the U.S. National Final, each of the Twenty-Four (24) Preliminary Finalists will be asked to make their BACARDÍ® Legacy Cocktail Entry for the judges, using the Judging Criteria specified below. The U.S. National Final will take place in English.
The following General Judging Criteria will be used to judge a competitor’s BACARDÍ Legacy cocktail:
(TOTAL 180 POINTS)
THE PROMOTIONAL PLAN PRESENTATION
Each competitor must present a summary of the achievements of his/her Promotional Plan to judges, which will be given the following The Promotional Plan presentation will be judged using the Judging Criteria specified below and the score awarded to it will constitute one third (1/3) of the total marks in the National Finals. The Promotional Plan presentations shall be delivered in English.
During the Promotional Plan Presentation, competitors will have seven (7) minutes to present a summary of their promotional plan and (3) minutes to respond to questions posed by the expert judges. Competitors’ presentations must be in a Microsoft PowerPoint, Key Notes or PDF format. The clock will be stopped during the promotional plan presentation for any technical problems associated with the materials presented in the incorrect format, including any technical problems associated with video or audio that the competitor wishes to share, or for any interruption beyond the competitor’s control.
Two (2) U.S. Final Winners will be selected by judges at the North America Finals.
Each of the two (2) U.S. Final Winners will receive a trophy and a trip to the BACARDÍ® Legacy Competition Global Final to be held in Amsterdam, the Netherlands from May 12-14, 2019, with travel from May 9-16, 2019. The trip includes: (a) round-trip coach/ economy class airfare for one person from an airport close to the National Winner’s home to Amsterdam; (b) hotel accommodations for between 7 and 8 nights; and (c) a ground transportation stipend not to exceed $500. The approximate retail value of the trip is $5000.00 The actual value of the trip may vary depending on various factors, including the date of booking, the point of departure, and the dates of travel.
U.S. Final Winners will be subject to separate contest rules and requirements for participation in the the BACARDÍ® Legacy Competition Global Final.
Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Liquor.com, in its sole discretion. The prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Liquor.com reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Liquor.com, in its sole discretion. Winners must travel on the dates specified by Liquor.com. Once travel tickets and documents are issued, travel arrangements cannot be changed. If a winner cannot travel on the dates specified by Liquor.com, he/she will not be permitted to compete in the next stage of the Competition. Winners are responsible for securing, at their own expense, passports, visas, and any other documents necessary for international travel. In addition, the National Winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not specifically listed above.
Trip Details (for all Trips)
Each winner is responsible for paying any income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. He/she will be required to provide a Social Security Number for tax reporting purposes. Any details that are not specified above will be determined by Liquor.com, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Liquor.com reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Liquor.com, in its sole discretion. Winners must travel on the dates specified by Liquor.com. Once travel documents are issued, travel arrangements cannot be changed.
Liquor.com Legacy Cocktail Contest Terms and Conditions of Entry
No purchase is necessary to participate in the Contest.
1. Sponsor: The Contest is offered by Liquor.com Holdings Inc. (aka “Liquor.com”) a Delaware corporation headquartered at 1263 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (“Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to individuals who (a) are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (except residents of Utah), (b) are at least twenty-one (21) years old, and have a US passport valid through 05/30/19. Employees of Sponsor, BACARDÍ U.S.A., Inc. (“BUSA”) or any of other alcohol beverage company, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
3. Agreement to Terms and Conditions: By participating in this Contest, you indicate your unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions, the Program Requirements, and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions or the Program Requirements at any time, without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on Legacy.liquor.com. Moreover, by participating, you represent that you are complying with any policies your employer may have regarding participation in contests of this nature.
4. Rights to Entries: By entering, you: (a) irrevocably grant Sponsor and any and all participating advertising sponsor, and each of their agents, licensees, and assigns (collectively, the “Rights Holders”) the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your Entry as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Rights Holders' use of your Entry, or require any further permission for the Rights Holders to use the Entry; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Rights Holders on the grounds that any use of the Entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the Entry, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
5. Publicity: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, you agree that the Rights Holders and any media attending events related to the Contest may use your name, likeness, voice, opinions, photographs, audio-visual footage, recipe, biographical information, state of residence, and/or any other record of your participation in the Contest for promotional purposes in any press releases, advertisements, television, radio, film, documentary, internet, or in any other publication or media without further payment or consideration.
6. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest; or (b) award the prizes according to the criteria set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Terms and Conditions, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Utah and where prohibited.
7. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, the Right Holders, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree to indemnify, release, and hold the Released Parties harmless from any claims that their use of your Entry (as contemplated in these Rules) violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
8. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Florida. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
Please note, by registering you agree to receive further communication from Liquor.com. Your e-mail address will never be shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.
In order to distribute our email publication, we need your e-mail address. So that we may provide you with additional services as well as more interesting and relevant content, we may request additional information, including your name, zip code and telephone number.Liquor.com does not collect any other personal information that you do not expressly provide. LIQUOR.COM WILL NOT DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTY WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT, EXCEPT TO A THIRD PARTY AS REQUIRED TO HELP US DISTRIBUTE OUR EMAIL PUBLICATION.
We may also request non-personally identifiable information, for example, annual income, buying preferences, and age. This information, also known as demographic and profile data, is optional. We may use this data to improve our site and/or personalize your experience at our site, in order to bring you more targeted and relevant content and to display such content according to your preferences. We may share this information with others, such as advertisers interested on advertising on the Liquor.com site but never on an individual level. This information will only be shared in an aggregate, anonymous form, which means that the information will not contain any personally identifiable information about you or any other person. However, we reserve the right to use aggregated, anonymous data about our users as a group for any business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers and partners.
In addition to collecting personal and non-personal information, Liquor.com may also collect non-personal, aggregated information about subscribers’ use of our emails and our site. This information is not personally identifiable and will only be used to find out how subscribers use our service and site. For example, this information will tell us how much time users spend on our site, from which other sites subscribers came, and to what other sites subscribers go. The collection of this information allows us to, among other things, prepare for traffic load demands and to efficiently distribute our email publication.
REVIEW AND ACCESS
You will have the ability to access the information that we have collected about you. You will have an opportunity to correct, update or modify this information.
If we ever send you information by e-mail concerning new products or services that you did not expressly request, we will provide you with an e-mail address by which you may request no future notices.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
Some of the ads appearing on this Web site are delivered to you by our web advertising partners. Information about your visit to their site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you.
TRACKING & THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider, your company or your university. We may, from time to time, use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, gather broad demographic information and administer our Website.
Liquor.com is not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to use the site, provide any personal information or receive our email distributions. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must get the permission of their parent(s)or legal guardian(s) before viewing the website. No one under the age of 21 is allowed to receive our emails.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
As part of the service, Liquor.com may create links allowing you to access third party sites. Liquor.com is not responsible for the content that appears on those sites and does not endorse these sites. Please consult those sites’ individual privacy policies in order to determine how they treat user information.
All information described above is stored on restricted database servers.
MODIFICATION TO THIS POLICY
Please send all emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liquor.com is looking for the next iconic cocktail that will be revered and celebrated across the globe.
Enter for a chance to be a part of cocktail history and show us your Legacy.
Winning this competition takes more than a great cocktail. You need to submit a recipe that will stand the test of time, with a chance to become a Bacardí Classic Rum cocktail like the Mojito, Daiquiri, Hotel Nacional or El Presidente.
Discover how two bartenders created delicious rum cocktails that can stand the test of time.
Find out what it takes to be a part of cocktail history.
Check out the cocktails created by the regional winners and finalists, and discover the story behind these inspired recipes.
Check out the cocktails created by the regional winners and finalists, and discover the story behind these inspired recipes.